There are few memories from childhood that are that vivid. Few that illicit such a visceral and wistful remembrance. Few memories that you can almost smell, even decades later. And when you were growing up and you began to doubt the existence of magic, there was never a question that magic lived within the flimsy, postered walls of the carnival.
Come one, come all! The 5th annual Carnival O’ Pizza is coming to town, Saturday, November 20th from noon to 7 PM. We will have games galore, dashing DJs, contests to confound, radical raffles, minstrely music, hip-hop for half-pints, prizes, and pizza, pizza, PIZZA! And so much more.
Some of the fun will include:
- Extreme pizza eating contest: who will unseat Chris “The Stomach” Floyd
- State wide pizza dough throwing contest in which pizzaiolas in games of skill
- A HUGE raffle featuring Grand Prizes including a guitar from Collings Guitar, a night at Hotel St. Cecilia, two nights at Hotel Havana, and the right to be the only person on Earth who can make a reservation at Home Slice for the next year!!
- Hands on an Eggplant sub contestants (H.O.E.S) stand until they can’t stand it anymore.
- Performances from Big Don, Little Stolen Moments, Wino Vino, break dancers, graffiti artists, and much much more
- Tons of kids games including our very own creations: Pee Wee Pizzaiola, Meatball Madness, Fishin’ for Chovie and more!
- Pizza, pizza, beer, and Pizza!!!
The day’s schedule is as follows:
12:00 PM Midway Opens
12:30 PM Wino Vino (gypsy minstrel band)
1:15 PM Little Stolen Moments (award winning dance troupe)
1:30 PM Pizza Box Folding Competition
2:00 PM Big Don (hip hop for kids)
2:45 PM Pizza Dough Tossing Competition – Size
3:30 PM Little Stolen Moments
3:45 PM Pizza Dough Tossing Competition – Speed
4:50 PM Pizza Dough Tossing Competition – Endurance
5:15 PM Pizza Eating Contest
6:05 PM Grand Prize Raffle
7:00 PM Team Fabrication DJ Set @ More Home Slice
10:00 PM Parking lot double feature screening of “Hands on a Hard Body” and “The Jerk” (Free)
Do you want to enter the “Hands on an Eggplant Sub” contest yourself or Sponsor a HOE? Email Shauna.
Want to volunteer? Join our new service mob that we call Pie Club.
Do you want to enter the pizza eating contest? Stop in to Home Slice for an application or download it here.
Not only is the Carnival O’ Pizza fun for all ages, it’s also for a good cause. This is a charity event. All proceeds and beer tent tips go to Habitat Young Professionals. Habitat Young Professionals (HYP) is a group of Austin professionals formed to significantly contribute to the mission of Austin Habitat for Humanity: through faith in action, to build homes in partnership with families and engage our community to end the cycle of poverty housing.
Check out 2009 Carnival O’ Pizza here.