Carnival games on the Midway as far as the eye can see (or at least as far as the parking lot extends). Kids can win prizes all day long!
Grand Prize Raffle prizes announced! You won’t want to miss this. Raffle tickets are available for $5 at Home Slice Pizza right now. They’ll be $10 at the carnival, so it’s wise to stock up soon.
Our infamous Pizza Eating Contest. You’ll want to check out this display of gluttony and speed, grown men and women eating entire pizzas in minutes–even more impressive as it is horrific!
4:45pm & 3:30pm
The Minor Mishap marching band will sweep through the carnival and knock your socks off.
Double your entertainment: The pizza tossing Speed Competition starts, AND so does a SURPRISE performance from a popular local band disguised as Truck Month!
Improv dance troupe Little Stolen Moments are sure to steal the show.
Big Don — this larger than life rapper speaks to the wee set about all things kid.
Stand aside for the H.O.E.S. (Hands on an Eggplant Sub) Parade and beginning of the most talked about contest of the year!
Pizza Box Folding contest begins.
Little Stolen Moments.
Seer of South Congress.
16 Reasons Not to Miss the Home Slice Carnival O’ Pizza on November 16th, 2013
16. There’ll be people dressed up in crazy outfits. We promise.
15. Prizes! Stickers, games, bubbles, and whistles: it’ll be like a huge birthday party for all of Austin, except it’s actually a birthdayparty for Home Slice Pizza and all of Austin is invited!
14. Live music. We’ve all heard that Austin is the Live Music Capitol of the World, a trend we can get behind. Family-friendly bands all day long.
13. Grins guaranteed. No joke. IT WILL BE FUN.
12. We’ve all heard that size doesn’t matter, but in the Dough Tossing Size Competition, size totally matters. Watch Home Slice employees measure themselves against other local pizza joints.
11. It’s possible that you haven’t heard that speed also matters. It does. You can’t miss the Dough Tossing Speed Competition.
10. Get your picture taken with Slicey! He’s illusive and can be shy, but on Carnival Day, Slicey gets so excited that he might let you capture a picture. This is not quite a once in a lifetime opportunity because, like we said, Slicey does get out every year, but it’s not your run-of-the-mill, everyday photo-op.
9. Your kids–budding pizza artists, no doubt–can hone their dough-forming skills. This is especially fantastic if you’re ready already for your kids to grow mustaches and start making you pizza at home. Life skills, people.
7. There’s an amazing (and disgusting) and AMAZING pizza eating competition.
6. (Insert image of an awesome raffle prize that someone could win.) WIN THIS.
5. THE RAFFLE. So many prizes. Win those prizes.
3. All proceeds to Austin Bat Cave’s free writing programs for kids–a fantastic day, a fantastic cause. Austin Bat Cave is a local nonprofit that offers free writing programs for kids. Let’s help them help kids.
2. Eat pizza while you carnivalize!
1. Did we mention that this is a carnival? Everyone loves a carnival.